Saturday 20 January 2018

Dying to perfection

Girls want to be pretty, hot, sexy.
Guys want to be buff, tall, hot.

Is that really all there is to looking good and feeling great?

Scrolling through tumblr, I've come across so many girls looking so perfect with those skinny never ending legs, bubble butts, flat tummy, pimple-less skin and those gorgeous cheek bones.
I started questioning myself, why can't that be me? Why can't I look like that too? I have to admit that it felt horrible.

Don't lie to yourself, you did exactly that and felt the same way. But, should we really be doing this to ourselves?

As I started to learn of ways to love myself, the word perfection came across my mind a little too many times. Well,
I'm someone who cringes at compliments & praises because I feel like those kind souls are just being generous. I'm merely just a mashed up bunch of flaws put together into this messy piece of species.

We look up to certain people; We idolise them, they inspire us. Deeming them the perfect person to be with that amazing body, gorgeous hair, perfect face and even the perfect lifestyle, making us feel so belittled and so much less. The idea of perfection slowly fades away, slowly becoming a myth that will never happen. An unobtainable goal that we could only ever wished for but never ever reach.

Then the question that hit me was,

Why am I, why are YOU trying to be perfect? What does perfection really mean? Why am I sitting in front of the mirror or my front camera beating myself up about how ugly I feel or how I don't look like that other girl? Will being perfect make me happier? 

That was when I made a decision to constantly remind myself that I am the most perfect version of myself than anyone else will ever be. I don't have to look like the other girl, I don't have to dress like the other girl or be as skinny as her. To stand back up stronger than before after a breakdown. It's okay to fall into that little ball of insecurity, drowning in it but just we have to get back up after. I just have to be happy, healthy and better version of myself every day. The idea of perfection is simply a mere misconception implanted in our heads by what society deemed perfect. 

So here I am to tell you guys who've read so far, to stop trying to achieve perfection and instead learn to love your flaws and embrace the fallbacks in life. It makes you real. It makes you, you. Stop drowning yourself in mindless worries and remind yourself that the darkest of days will blow away and you will stand stronger than you have ever did. 

Lots of love,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment